Work begins on the D-Link frame and the infamous ‘blank activation key’ issue

I’ve finally managed to get my hands on a D-Link DSM-210 frame. I set it up today and after going through the amazingly fast WiFi setup process (less than a minute from power-up to on the WiFi network — a new record I think) I was presented with this:

D-Link 'blank frameID' panel
D-Link ‘blank frameID’ panel

Well, hurray that it returned the standard unregistered frame info. panel with such little fuss… ┬ábut boo that it is missing the really important bits of info necessary to actually register the thing.

It’s off to the code I go!